Friday 13 April 2012

Evaluation: Question 6

What have you learnt about technologies from the process of constructing this product?

Throughout this project I used a variety of software's and programmes in order to complete my practical. Before this work was set I was unaware of Blogger (as a website) and I have never had a 'blog' account, therefore it was a new process I needed to get used to in order to publish all of my work. As I familiarised myself with the website, I was able to publish posts which had embedded images, or documents uploaded from Youtube and Scribd; furthermore I was able to publish a poll I had created and I received answers which helped me when creating my final piece.

Any of my designs, for instance the preliminary task and the final piece were created using Adobe Photoshop CS5.1 (64bit). Unlike Blogger, I was very familiar with this software as I have used it in other subjects. This gave me an advantage point as I would not need to spend time getting to know my way around the programme.

A new website I was introduced to was Prezi, this is basically a different version to Microsoft Powerpoint. It allows you to add your information and images to and lay them out in whatever way you want. It is the type of website that is perfect for a presentation. If I had more time, I would have spent it looking around the website and trying see how could I improve the design and the creation, to make my Prezi that bit more interesting. As I have mentioned I have used Microsoft Powerpoint for a fair bit of my work, I laid all my information onto the slides, trying to make the layout as interesting as possible. Then I had to use Scribd to upload this in order to present it within my blog.

For my preliminary task and the final piece I had to take my own photos and use this within the pieces as anything we created had to be original. I used my own Digital Camera in order to take the photos, and whilst undergoing this task I was considering the different shots and focuses I could use to enhance my product. Once I had uploaded the photos to the computer I edited some, by cropping, or auto correcting the lighting.


No comments:

Post a Comment